2013 will always be a year to remember for TripCase. We’ve seen huge growth and surpassed many of our own expectations. But it’s important to us that we stop and thank YOU, because it’s definitely our travelers who make each trip count.
In looking back, one thing really stands out — people are raising their voice in favor of TripCase. Reviewers, bloggers and many of you have taken the time to talk about your preferred travel app. It’s also been an important time for us as we’ve worked to better communicate what’s unique about us. We’ve even been out talking about changes in mobile technology and representing the needs of the traveler among our travel and technology circles. This voice we’ve established talks about making travel easier, and we continue to make that our focus in all we do as we build the place to manage all your trips.
We’re also celebrating a few milestones together and in reflecting, renew our commitment to you for another great year.
Exactly one year ago, we launched our completely redesigned app, with a new web site right after. There were grumbles and protests as you learned your way around a whole new experience, but if reviews are any indication, it’s been a refreshing and welcome change.
A few other highlights from the year:
- * Cleaned out our basement with a full restructuring of the Menu
- * Celebrated 5,000 Facebook fans with a bunch of famous dance moves
- * Earned a few industry awards and accolades
- * Created care packages at the North Texas Food Bank to aid local tornado victims
- * Made it easier to get to know our crew
- * Most recently, recognized by Lifehacker.com readers as Best Travel Planning App
- * 84% of travelers surveyed would use TripCase on their next trip and were highly satisfied with our app
But why stop there?! We have so much more coming to make every trip you take with TripCase memorable in 2014 and beyond. We hope you’ll keep checking in to learn what’s new, and keep up the feedback that helps make us better.
Whether you’ve taken TripCase to corporate events or for some care-free gallivanting, you’ve taught us so much about what travelers need and given us insight into where we want to help improve the trip experience.
So again, we thank you and we wish you and your crew the happiest of holidays and peace in the New Year.