The TripCase crew continues to deliver relevant content at the most targeted times during your trip — even when you’re standing on the curb, without a ride. That’s why we’ve started a partnership with Uber. And what a deal it is! (hint: skip to the bottom for discount details)
You may be saying “What’s an Uber?” You are not alone. I was recently talking with some friends and I mentioned the wave Uber is making in the travel technology community and beyond. I could see most in the group had at least heard of Uber, because they gave the agreement nod, like “yea I know what you are talking about.” But one guy spoke up and said, “What’s an Uber?”
Uber offers a range of car services from regular Uber car and driver (similar to taxi) to black car service and even an SUV. What’s different about Uber? It’s all done via a mobile app to simplify the process, and the experience is intended to be unmistakeably unique. Here’s how it works.
Shop your destination, see how many Uber cars are in the area and obtain fare quotes for your Uber ride.
Confirm the Uber ride, the Uber driver will send you a text when he/she is in front of your building.
The payment transaction includes the fare rate and tip, so there’s no negotiation with the driver or confusion about route and final fare.
Would you like to try Uber at a discount via TripCase? The TripCase crew really believes in quality trips, so we have partnered with Uber to provide a $10 coupon for new Uber users and a smaller discount for existing Uber users. Currently, the TripCase program is limited to Dallas/Fort Worth, San Francisco, New York, Atlanta and Los Angeles. The next time your trip takes you to one of these cities; look for the Uber message in the TripCase Tripfeed.
It’s almost inevitable at some point during your travels this month you will experience an unusually long or otherwise painful delay at an airport. It could be the once-a-year family troupe is klutzily crossing the country or the weather just grounded 100 more planes. Either way, it’s possible you’ll have a little spare time on your hands. Enter our gift to you – Airport Bingo for Holiday Travel.
Why you ask?
Because you need it. This year we’ve heard from many of our frequent travelers their trips lack an element of convenience and entertainment. Making all the nuances of managing your trip easy as pie is our number one priority. Putting convenience aside, (this travel app packed with tools is basically trip convenience in a little square). We felt the “fun factor” is important this time of year. That’s why this holiday, we wanted to create something a little “entertaining” to help all you people watchers and Instagram #selfie photographers, alike. Free entertainment.
It’s simple really. Lots of things unique to the holidays show up in airports around the world. There are already 3.2M #airport images on Instagram. We thought it would be fun to see what you all can capture, in whatever social community you prefer.
How to play?
Snap a favorite holiday airport moment and then tag it with #airportbingo and of course, #tripcase. You never know what will happen. We are mega excited about this new way to connect with fellow TripCasers. It could be we just can’t avoid that season of giving again and again.
Let’s do this. Bingo!
It’s another month and another chance to see what’s new in TripCase. Available anytime at tripcase.com/tdot, and soon in the Apple and Google Play app stores.
Take a look at your email
* Your next trip reminder email will be refreshingly smarter and easier to read. If you book through a travel agency or corporate business travel program, you’ll also see a slight variation. Definitely something worth checking out.
You’re always connected, never alone
We continue to expand the ways you can stay connected to key suppliers and services that help you when you travel.
* Exclusive discount with Uber! Forget hitching a ride or hailing a cab, we’ve negotiated a little something special for our travelers with the app that is evolving the way the world moves. Check it out, we think you’re going to love the overall experience.
* For travelers with iPhones, we’re adding detailed airport maps to your Tripfeed to help you navigate or kill time when you are in between flights. We’ve started with the airports our travelers frequent most and we’ll keep adding on. Please let us know what you think about this feature.
Chicago O’Hare, ORD
Atlanta Hartsfield, ATL
Dallas/Ft Worth, DFW
Los Angeles Intl., LAX
John F. Kennedy, NYC, JFK
San Francisco Intl, SFO
Toronto Pearson, Canada, YYZ
Charlotte Douglas, CLT
London Heathrow, LHR
George Bush Intercontinental in Houston, IAH
Trip edits make it easy
* Select “Always Share” to anoint your best friends and fam when you want them to get your itinerary automatically for every trip. This means going forward you won’t be prompted to add them to follow a trip in the future. Note: If you want them to get flight notifications, you’ll still need to add them individually
* Lots of you forward multiple reservations all related to one trip. You have asked for an easier way to merge those items together. Now, as you merge, we’re pulling the trip name based on which trip has the most items already. You can always edit this trip name after the fact.
Why read about TripCase in the same old way, when you can enjoy pictures of helpful travel tips instead?
We’re offering you a new cheat sheet about traveling with TripCase. We think even if you don’t NEED help, there’s something in our tip for everyone.
What is this?
This graphic represents both some coveted personal travel items and a way to get a little more out of TripCase on your next trip.
Our roots run deep in travel and technology and we thought we’d start sharing our expertise with you all. We will be regularly interviewing crew members and organizing their tips into a sheet like this.
You’re welcome to share with others who maybe aren’t so fortunate to have someone looking out for them like you. (That’s right. This is like that time your big bro gave you his lucky glove to catch the winning fly ball). It’s practically your job to pass it on and help others be as brilliant a traveler as you. View full image
Other ideas? Please, feel free to drop us a line below in the comments and tell us what you think would help you learn more about TripCase.