TripCase Privacy Statement
Last modified: March 28, 2014
TripCase (the “Service”) is a trip-related information and messaging service, available from Sabre GLBL Inc. (the “Company”), either online through our website at www.tripcase.com or via our mobile application. TripCase provides users with the ability to integrate all of their trip-related information into one location, share information regarding their trips, and receive valuable informational updates and deals related to their trips.
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices. By accessing the Service, you agree to our privacy practices as set out in this privacy statement.
This statement describes the information that the Service collects and how that information may be used by us. This statement does not apply to information we collect through any means other than the Service, or to information collected on any other Company or third-party site that may link to or be accessible from the Service. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Our servers and data centers for the Service are located in the U.S. We may also subcontract processing to or share your personal information with third parties located in countries other than your home country. If you are accessing the Service from outside the U.S., you agree that your personal information may be transferred to the U.S. or another country, which may have different privacy and data security protections than those of your own jurisdiction, to be processed and stored. You expressly consent to your personal information being used as set out in this paragraph.
TripCase adheres to the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Privacy Frameworks with respect to personal information about EU travelers that we receive via the Service in the United States, and has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
Neither this Privacy Statement, nor our participation in the Safe Harbor program, applies to any travel supplier, such as an airline, car rental company or hotel, nor do they apply to any individual traveler’s employer or travel agency (for purposes hereof, a “travel arranger”) that obtains any related services from TripCase. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of your travel agency and of relevant travel suppliers. In addition, our participation in Safe Harbor does not apply to travelers in non-EU and non-Swiss jurisdictions.
Collection of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person. We collect several types of personal information from and about users of the Service, including:
- Personal information you provide to us when you register for the Service or thereafter, such as your name and email address;
- Personal information provided to us prior to your registration with the Service by a travel company (such as a travel agency, airline or other travel provider, hotel, etc.) with which you have arranged travel;
- Personal information included in any messaging you undertake through the Service, such as sharing of trip-related information; and
- If you contact us, personal information you provide to us that details the nature of your question or problem.
If you connect to the Service using credentials of a third party Social Networking Site (“SNS”) such as Facebook, Google +, or LinkedIn, you authorize us to collect your authentication information, such as your name, e-mail address, and encrypted access credentials. We may store this information so that it can be used for the purposes explained in this statement, and it may also be used to verify your credentials with the SNS. The information available to TripCase from an SNS is affected by the privacy settings you establish at the SNS. You understand and agree that an SNS’s use of information they collect from you is governed by their privacy policies, and TripCase’s use of such information is governed by this privacy statement.
If you connect to any third party site other than an SNS using the credentials of your TripCase account for data sharing with that third party, you authorize the collection of your authentication information, such as your name, e-mail address, and encrypted access credentials, as well as any other personal information that third party site may choose to access. You do so at your own risk and understand and agree that the third party’s collection of such information is governed by their privacy policies, and TripCase’s use of such information is governed by this privacy statement.
Use of Personal Information
We use personal information in the following ways:
- To present the Service and its contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request or otherwise elect to receive from us or from one of our strategic partners;
- To notify you about changes to the Service;
- To allow you to utilize the trip integration, sharing, and messaging features of the Service, if and when you choose to do so; and
- To provide you with e-mail or other messaging regarding additional products or services you may be interested in, either from us or from one of our strategic partners, including promotional e-mails or messages.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We may from time-to-time make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with the Company such as the following:
- Various subsidiaries of the Company that support the Service ;
- Third party service providers we use to support our business who provide services such as information processing, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys;
- Third party service providers we partner with to provide you offers of additional products or services based upon your trip-related information;
- Your employer or travel agency with regard to those trips or portions of trips designated as business travel by you and as such, shared with your employer or travel agency via TripCase;
- In the event of merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of the Company’s assets, in which case personal information held by the Company about its customers will be among the assets transferred to the buyer.
TripCase also enables you to share a particular item of content, on an individual basis, to third party services or other TripCase users by using the share functionality in the Service. Please note that sharing of such content on a third party service may be posted as activity on the Service, regardless of your account settings. To share an individual item of content to a third party service, you’ll be prompted to enter your access credentials for that third party service. TripCase may store your name, e-mail address, and an access token or similar credentials obtained from the third party service, so that you are able to share particular items of content, on that third party service, on an individual basis, without entering your access credentials again.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to:
- Comply with any court order or other legal obligation;
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; or
- if you expressly opt in to such sharing.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect non-personal information, or data in a form that cannot be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purposes. Non-personal information that we collect may include information regarding your activities on our website or our application, which may be aggregated and used to help us provide more useful information to our customers and to understand which parts of the Service are of most interest.
If we combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for the purposes of this Privacy Statement.
To provide location-based services to mobile application users of the Service, the Company or our partners may collect and use precise location data, such as the real-time geographic location of your device. This location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by the Company and our partners to provide location-based products and services. We treat this location data as non-personal information.
Cookies and Other Technologies
The TripCase website, mobile application, email messages, and advertisements may use “cookies” and other technologies such as pixel tags and web beacons. These technologies help us to improve and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Service according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you return to the Service’s online website.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate settings on your browser. Check with your provider to find out how to disable cookies. For further details about how we utilize cookies and how to deactivate cookies, please see our [Cookies Policy] on our website. Please note that certain features of the Service will not be available once cookies are disabled.
We treat information collected by cookies and other technologies as non-personal information. However, to the extent that Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or similar identifiers are considered personal information by local law, we also treat these identifiers as personal information. Similarly, to the extent that non-personal information is combined with personal information, we treat the combined information as personal information for the purposes of this Privacy Statement.
Accessing Your Personal Information
You may access, correct or delete your contact information and preferences through your TripCase account. For other personal information, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access so you can request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if the Company is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law.
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Any content, including personal information, that you contribute to be shared, published or displayed on the Service, or transmitted to other users of the Service, either via the Service or via social networking or other third party sites available through the Service, is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Service. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of your content, including personal information, that you contribute to be shared, published or displayed on the Service, or transmitted to other users of the Service, may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other users. Although we take efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Service. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Service is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to delete that personal information as soon as possible.
Changes to Our Privacy Statement
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our privacy practices on this page. The date the privacy statement was last revised is identified at the top of the privacy statement.
Please direct any questions or comments about this privacy statement and our privacy practices to us at:
- TripCasePrivacy@sabre.com; or
- 3150 Sabre Drive, Southlake, Texas 76092 Attn: Privacy Office.
If any European traveler experiences an issue regarding personal information that the European traveler cannot resolve directly with their travel arranger or TripCase, TripCase agrees to use the International Centre for Dispute Resolution/American Arbitration Association Safe Harbor Program, as its independent recourse mechanism. All disputes shall be finally settled under the International Dispute Resolution Procedures of the International Centre for Dispute Resolution, Safe Harbor Program by one or more arbitrators appointed in accordance with the said Procedures. The location of any in-person hearing will be Dallas, Texas, but TripCase also consents to any hearing being conducted by telephone or video conference.
Please direct any questions or comments about the Service to us at: